1. What promotions are currently happening at Infiniti of Richmond?
All of our new and pre-owned vehicle promotions are found on our monthly specials page.
2. How does Infiniti InTouch work?
It works by connecting your smartphone to your vehicle to deliver popular apps and services into your Infiniti, all personalized by you.
3. Where can I review the safety ratings for my Infiniti car model?
You can search for the safety rating of Infiniti vehicles (or any vehicle) on Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a U.S. nonprofit organization funded by auto insurance companies
4. What is Infiniti Roadside Assistance?
Infiniti Roadside Assistance program is available, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for emergency roadside assistance. Owners or retailers simply call 1-800-363-4520 and provide client name, vehicle identification number (VIN), location of disablement, and the nature of the problem.
5. What are our best-selling Infiniti SUVs?
Our top SUVs are the Infiniti QX60 7-seater crossover and the Infiniti Qx50 mid-size premium utility vehicle. The Infiniti QX50 has received the AJAC award for Best Canadian Mid-Size Premium Utility Vehicle of the vehicle for 2019.
6. Is financing or leasing better?
There really is no clear cut answer to this question. It really all depends on your personal needs and circumstances. There are advantages to both, however there are no differences in maintenance or operating costs.
Leasing may be better for those who drive up to 24,000 kms each year, take excellent care of their vehicles, and want a new car every two to four years. With a lease, you only have to pay for the portion of the car’s life that you use.
Buying may be better if you drive a lot of kilometers, put your vehicle to heavy or rough use, or want to build equity. You can also sell, customize or trade your Infiniti if you wish when you own the vehicle.
You should speak to a leasing or financing consultant to determine which is better for your particular situation. Here is a list of some of the pros and cons of both options:
Financing a vehicle
- Total ownership of the vehicle
- Monthly payments paid over a fixed term (may have option to pay bi-weekly)
- Unlimited kilometres
- Resale value (reclaim the amount the vehicle has not lost to depreciation)
- Higher monthly payments vs. leasing
- Pay taxes on total selling price of vehicle
- Repair responsibilities after warranty has expired
- Timing – you may owe more than the vehicle is worth if you sell the vehicle before the loan is paid out
- Inconvenience – you may need to sell your old vehicle or trade it in before you can purchase your new vehicle
Leasing a vehicle
- Lower monthly payments versus financing
- Drive a vehicle you otherwise could not afford
- New vehicle options every 2 – 4 years
- Lower maintenance costs since vehicle is always newer
- N.B. The leased vehicle must be maintained in accordance with owner manual’s recommendation (this is no different than your requirement if you own the vehicle)
- No trade-in hassles at the end of the lease
- Option to buy the vehicle when the lease ends (no obligation)
- You do not own the vehicle at anytime during or after the term of the lease
- Kilometer restrictions (there may be penalties for overuse)
- Almost always more expensive over the long term (if you elect to purchase and finance the leased vehicle for the residual value at the end of the lease)
- Difficult to get out of a lease if the car is not to your liking (costly~penalities)
- Responsible for excess wear and tear of vehicle at lease end (if returning vehicle)
7. What is Balloon Financing?
Balloon Financing is very similar to leasing where you only pay for the portion of the vehicle you will be using; essentially providing you with lower monthly payments. There is a ‘Balloon Value’ set at the end of the term (this is similar to the ‘Residual Value’ on a lease). You may or may not (depending on the financial institution) be required to retain/finance the vehicle at the end of
the term for this stated ‘Balloon Value’. The main difference between lease and balloon financing is balloon financing requires you to finance 100% of the applicable taxes on the selling price of the vehicle (i.e. PST & GST) whereas with a lease tax is only charged on the monthly payments and not the total selling price of the vehicle.
8. Does Infiniti of Richmond carry genuine OEM parts?
We sure do! If you are looking for genuine Infiniti parts, please submit a form.
9. What vehicle services does Infiniti of Richmond provide?
- You’ll receive First Class Service and professional and knowledgeable team of Service & Parts Advisors
- INFINITI Factory-Trained Technicians
- Repairs made with Factory-Original INFINITI Parts
- Competitive service rates
- Express Services in 1 hour available on select jobs
- Complimentary loaner vehicles, when available, with appointment
- Free shuttle bus service supplied by the Richmond Auto Mall
- Complimentary wash and vacuum with each service visit
- Customer lounge with Free WiFi, refreshments, and state-of-the-art latte/cappuccino coffee machine
- Proud member of a local family-owned and operated business proudly serving the community for over 30 years
- Proud supporter of our local community: Charities, Food Bank, Sports Teams and Community Events
- Voted Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employer
10. Do aftermarket parts work effectively for my Infiniti vehicle?
It depends on the aftermarket part and the manufacturer of the part and your vehicle. For consultation, please feel free to get in touch.
11. Is there a warranty on tires for new Infiniti?
Original equipment tires are covered by the tire manufacturer’s warranty. Contact us for more information.
12. What does my warranty cover?
Please refer to the applicable Infiniti Warranty Information Booklet for a list of what is covered.
13. My vehicle already comes with Infiniti Factory Warranty. Why should I purchase an extended warranty such as Infiniti Protection Plus (IPP)?
Infiniti Protection Plus (IPP) is not just an extended warranty. IPP Plan includes an unprecedented range of benefits that represents exceptional value. It provides a superior range of component coverage that will enhance your driving experience and help you with surprises down the road. IPP Plan helps preserve your investment and protects you from the rising costs of vehicle repairs once the Infiniti Factory Warranty expires.